EMERJ-SafeNow seeks to reframe violence from a private problem to a community problem. We believe each of us, as individuals, and as part of a larger community or organization, must address the impact of trauma and violence. This requires a multi-faceted and systematic approach that promotes changes in social norms and attitudes, while also providing knowledge, skills, and changing behaviors with individuals, relationships and in the broader community.
To schedule a free consultation email us at email@example.com or contact us at 503-498-8452. To find an upcoming workshop or program, visit our events page.
EMERJ-SafeNow collaborates with communities to transform lives. We believe transformation occurs by:
- Raising awareness around cultural and societal norms that make violence unacceptable
- Integrating prevention and the importance of a prevention perspective for the community
- Developing networks of leaders within the community by seeking out non-traditional leaders
- Connecting community residents to services and informal supports when they need help
- Strengthening informal support by creating stronger connections to formal services, community based advocacy and networks
- Making services and institutions accountable to community needs by advocating for changes in how social institutions or organizations respond to violence
- Changing social and community conditions that contribute to violence through forming coalitions/partnerships with other advocacy groups
- Focusing on care for self and the community after, during and before trauma or violence has occurred
- Identifying community strengths and gaps in services
- Building overall community knowledge, and documenting the community’s response to violence
- Helping communities create safer stronger communities
- Holding abusers accountable in a way that honors their dignity as human being
Contact EMERJ-SafeNow today.